At a glance
The Lower Salt river flows out of Saguaro lake about a half-hour east of Phoenix along the Bush highway. The flows on the Lower Salt fluctuate greatly depending on the time of year. Summertime flows hover around 1,200 CFS and in the winter the flows typically are dialed way back to between 40 and 10 CFS. During higher summer flows floating the river is an option and largemouth bass can be caught by the dozens. Most of the Bass caught are on the smaller side with a 12 incher being a nice catch but there are some real brutes in the river. Note that in the summer you’ll be sharing the river with a flotilla of inner tubers, kayakers, and paddleboarders. Wintertime on the Lower Salt brings a sharp reduction in inflows and the annual resumption of trout stocking in late October. Trout are stocked every other week through the springtime and the stocking schedule can be viewed on the AZFG website.Get email alerts
- Small Poppers
- PTO Poppers Terrestials
- Fulling Mills Chubby Chernobyl and PMX Worms
- Rio’s Worm Farm
- San Jaun worms Streamers
- Turn Up Da Bass
- Beldar RubberLegs
- Sun Protection SPF
- FreeFly Lightweight Bamboo Hoody and Lightweight Breeze Pants
- Simms Sun Gloves and Neck Gaiter SA 8lb Bass Leader and 8lbn Fluorocarbon tippet
Mother Nature’s Mood
What to expect
Expect temperatures in the high 90s and low 100s during the day and dropping into the high 70s and low 80s at night. Rain is likely during this time of the year, plan accordingly!
Gear worth bragging about
Awesome gear takes your day on the water from great, to frickin’ awesome! We admit it, the gear doesn’t make the angler…but it definitely helps. Visit us in the shop, online, or by phone gear up for your next trip (602) 354-8881
- Sun Protection
- SPF FreeFly Lightweight Bamboo Hoody and Lightweight Breeze Pants
- Simms Sun Gloves and Neck Gaiter
- SA 8lb Bass Leader and 8lbn Flourocarbon tippet
Check the flows before you go!
- This area has received quite a bit of water lately and has developed into an awesome spot to catch a tug!!
- Check out USGS Water Data website for up to date and current water conditions
Is Fishing Good
The Salt River
Trout fishing has slowed a bit with the increased water flow Bass fishing is heating up Get there early to beat the tubers
– If you have lost a trophy fish due to someone’s inability or negligence in attempting to net your fish, you may be eligible for financial compensation.