At a glance
Lake levels are extremely low this year due to a lack of winter and spring snowfall, but fishing should still continue to be good. Chevelon Lake is the exception and completely filled this year, so launching a boat should be fairly easy. As water levels are low, water temps are generally higher. Check the stocking schedule and choose your spot accordingly.Get the next report
- Simi Seal Leeches Black/Red
- Peacock Mini Damsel Fly Nymphs
- Motor Oil Snowcones
- Hippie Stompers
- Royal Wulff
- Water is a little low but not terrible
- Visit USGS website for the latest water levels
- Coming soon!
Mother Nature’s Mood
What to expect
Expect temperatures in the mid-low 80s during the day and dropping into the low 50s at night. Rain is likely during this time of the year, but this week’s forecast looks dry!
Stop guessing which gear to bring
We admit it, the gear doesn’t make the angler…but it definitely helps. The right equipment takes your day on the water from great, to great. Visit us in the shop, online, or by phone to gear up for your next trip (602) 354-8881
- Balance leeches under an indicator has been the go-to set up for the lakes.
- Grab a 9ft 5wt, but consider something lighter if it’s raining and windy. A 6wt is a good choice.
Is fishing good
Mongollon Rim Lakes
Fishing is very good right now and Game and Fish is putting bigger fish in the lake Willow Springs Lake is also getting a few Albino Rainbow trout
– We are not responsible for your increased obsession to fly fish, and we will do everything we can to help fuel your obsession to fly fish.