New for the season, the Winston Air 2 Fly Rods represent the very best in fly rod design after more than 88 years of rod making. The first thing you notice when you pick up the Air is how light this rod is. This is due to the new S-2000 carbon fiber technology and the new HSR resin for a lighter, faster recovery rate while casting. These rods have the broadest casting range of any fly rods Winston has ever designed. The AIR 2 can do anything – present tiny dry flies to wary trout on flat water, cast a heavy streamer to the far bank in the wind, launch the entire line when you need it, and make quick, accurate close-range shots. From high stick nymphing, pounding the banks from the boat, or wet wading, the new AIR 2 is a pack rod, a travel rod, a beautiful rod, and an all-around rod.
This Winston AIR 2 386-4 fly rod is simply the finest trout rod on the market for smaller creeks and streams. The 3wt AIR 2 is buttery smooth and a true pleasure to cast. The AIR 2 3wt will make the most beautiful dry fly presentations, yet still has the backbone to toss small streamers. This versatile 3wt will do it all on small to mid-size rivers and put a huge smile on your face each time you do battle with a trout!
- A New taper design that provides a faster, progressive all-around action. Extremely light, yet powerful.
- Introducing S-2000 a next generation high modulus graphite material for faster recovery speed and smoothness
- New Boron Configuration for enhanced power and energy transfer.
- New Winston-designed cigar grip for better “feel” through the casting stroke
- The Custom HSR (High Strain Rate) resin provides an even faster recovery rate that adds a modern feel, is more durable, and provides greater part strength and less weight.
- The new light wire shooting Snake Guides have a smaller profile with new ECO slick coating and a Round Helix geometry that reduces line friction and produces added energy, accuracy, and distance management.
- Weight: 3WT
- Length: 8’6″
- Guides: Light wire Hard Chrome ECO Slick Coating Shooting Guides
- Reel Seat: Uplocking Nickel Silver with Burled Wood insert
- Storage: Premium graphite rod tube with logo rod sock
There are no reviews yet.